.

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Jean Piaget and the Conversational Task

The noteworthy psychologist and philosopher Jean Pi successiont argued that young children were not capable of operations the likes of mental actions that obey sensible rules. He comp ard younger children to aged(a) children who he believed were more commensurate and had r severallyed the concrete operational play in their life. Piaget believed that younger childrens thinking was limited to that one aspect of a situation at a time. To taste his speculation, Piaget conducted some historied conservation occupations for young children between the ages of two and ten to prove his possible action that younger children are not yet formal thinkers. By conservation, he refers it to the thinking that certain physical characteristics of objects bide the alike, even when their byward behavior changes (Berk 321). I have a bun in the oven recreated triad of Piagets conservation tasks with my trio year old full cousin Lola to test Piagets theory to see if she was a logical thi nker at such a young age or not. I explained to Lola that we were loss to have a junior-grade fun with some pennies, eyeglasses of water, and some clay. Lola was eager and involuntary to participate so we didnt nullify anytime getting started.\nThe first conservational task that I conducted with Lola was with numbers, so I used twelve pennies. inaugural I spread out a form of hexad pennies and a second haggle of six pennies right under the first line trance Lola watched the entire time. I asked Lola were the same number of pennies in distributively path. After counting each line to herself twice she told me Yes. hence in front of her I spread the first row of pennies out to make the row a little longer. I then asked Lola again were at that place the same amount of pennies in each row or does one row have more. She then counted each row to herself then responded with Yes!, You just locomote some pennies around. Lola passed the first conservational tasks and genuine ly proved Piagets theory wrong.\nThe second conservational task I decided to do with Lola was with liquid. I gathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment